The idea behind Random Acts of Kindness, or RAK, is to show a little love to fellow bloggers. People put forward their wishlists and sign up and send books to each other. It puts a smile on people’s faces, and that’s always a good thing, especially in the current economy. Hosted by Book Soulmates.
I might be a tiny bit over-excited. See, earlier in the year I went through a phase of thinking I was a year older than I actually am so it’s going to be really nice to finally have my age aline with how old my brain thinks I am. Plus it means I can finally afford some of those pesky books on my wishlist. Though we’re moving in December (thankfully have an address that is safe to send books to, have had to use that for review copies) so perhaps I should buy pans rather than the House of Comarré trilogy? We’ll see.
Last month I received a nice surprise. I hadn’t been expecting anything and had to google the name to thank the giver, thanks to Leannz0r for a copy of Sabriel. 🙂
So as mentioned, it is my birthday month. I’ll be turning 23 on the 7th December and I’m really hoping I can get a few I’ve been dying for and couldn’t afford at the end of the year with Christmas/birthday money. We’ll see what I can afford though.
I’m really hoping to squeeze a couple of Christmas RAKs this month. I can’t afford much but I want to do something!
At the moment I’m most coveting:
- Kristen Painter’s House of Comarré series.
- Linda Poitevin’s Sins of the Angels.
- Stacey Jay’s Dead on the Delta.
- Kelley Armstrong‘s books. I have Stolen, read Bitten (don’t own it), but any others.
- Rhiannon Frater‘s As The World Dies.
- Karen Marie Moning‘s Fever series.
- Maria V. Snyder‘s Glass trilogy. Loved Study, need these.
- Terry Pratchett‘s Discworld books. I have a fair few but there are a lot I am missing. Best ask.
- Brandon Sanderson‘s The Way of Kings and The Alloy of Law I need to read these!
- Erin Morgenstern‘s The Night Circus. There’s something intriguing about creepy circuses.
- Suzanne Collins‘ Catching Fire and Mockingjay because I already own The Hunger Games.