The idea behind Random Acts of Kindness, or RAK, is to show a little love to fellow bloggers. People put forward their wishlists and sign up and send books to each other. It puts a smile on people’s faces, and that’s always a good thing, especially in the current economy. Hosted by Book Soulmates.
- Please sign-up each month that you can participate (and by participate, we mean give as well as receive).
- Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button (code is in the sidebar).
- Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
- If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger directly for their information.
- Once you receive a RAK, send us an our new email to [rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com] so that we can update the Google Doc. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS!
- E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon’s Kindle Store is set up to allow this, as well as the Kobo store and we believe Barnes & Noble as well.
- At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K by making a “RAK Wrap-Up” post. This post should include who you SENT gifts to as well who you RECEIVED gifts from 🙂
OPEN TO EVERYONE including all our International brethren!
Remember, there’s always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!
I wasn’t really sure whether or not to sign up this month because money is going to be a bit tight, not that that’s anything different. I have my feature running from the 10th-23rd and I’m hoping to put in one or two giveaways there. But then what if I get to the 25th and want to send something out? I might find I have an unwanted book that somebody wants that I can send out or a spare fiver and then yay! I will check wishlists and see what I can do. No promises but fingers crossed.
Last month was a struggle and that’s why I didn’t have a wrap-up post, because I didn’t receive anything (though thank you muchly to Rikki for the kind offer!) and wasn’t able to send anything out with my giveaway ending and other things and.. I caved a little with Night World. It was the first book I’d bought myself for aaaages though. But I’m really hoping to manage something this month.
If you would like to send me anything, I tend to keep my wishlist pretty up-to-date, and thank you! My email address is on the contact page, along with a contact form which is nice and easy to use, if you would like to contact me. I do accept second-hand books so long as you know the condition they are in and can vouch that it’s in good condition. I don’t mind a little creasing, of course, but I’d rather not accept tatty books or books from smoking homes. I can accept Kindle books if you’re using Amazon.com (can’t wait until .co.uk allows Kindle book gifting) but please check with me first as there are a fair few I don’t mind having in ebook format, and a fair few I’d rather have a hard copy of.
Anyway, I’m currently most coveting:
- Rachel Vincent’s ‘Shifters‘ series; Stray, Rogue, Pride, etc.
- Kelley Armstrong’s ‘Women of the Otherworld‘ series; borrowed book 1 from the library and Hanna is sneaky (and of course amazing <3) so book 3 onwards.
- Suzanne Collins; Catching Fire and Mockingjay.
- L.J. Smith; Vampire Diaries book 3 and onwards.
- Gail Carriger’s ‘Parasol Protectorate‘ series; Blameless and Heartless.
- Maria V. Snyder’s ‘Glass‘ series; Storm Glass, Sea Glass, Spy Glass. And Inside Out, Inside In.
- Brandon Sanderson’s The Way of Kings.
- Karen Marie Moning’s ‘Fever‘ series.