I thought it’d be fun to kick-start Blaugust with some fun facts you probably don’t know about me, because if you hadn’t guessed, I’m a bit of a quirky person and well.. aren’t we all? I dunno. I find informational tidbits intriguing so let’s go with it!
5 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Me
1. I have a fondness for Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. Okay, this is hardly mind blowing but when we were kids we always seemed to discuss our favourite Winnie the Pooh characters and I actually bonded with the girl I sat next to in maths over our shared love for Eeyore.
It had a knock-on effect, however.. You know how when somebody discovers you like something and then EVERY Christmas and birthday present becomes based on that thing? I had more Eeyore bric-a-brac than I knew what to do with. Oh dear.
2. I can’t sleep unless my feet are thoroughly tucked in to the quilt because I’m still kinda scared that something will grab them from under the bed and kill me horribly in my sleep. I know it won’t, it’s just an anxiety that remains with me. See:
3. Back in my teenage years I was Wiccan. Or Pagan. Whatever you like. I was part of a group, who I am still in touch with! We did holiday vigils and rituals and hugged trees (okay, less of this, this was more of a joke).. Mostly we had a good laugh among great company and during the years when we felt lonely because we didn’t fit in (being a unique teen, yo) we found comfort. Great memories, good friends! I’m more atheist, or maybe agnostic than anything these days, but I suppose I still have a few things carried over from those days. My love of burning incense, for example.
4. I actually really love very early mornings, dawn and pre-dawn especially. But I’m a firm night owl and need about 9 hours sleep per night so they’re kinda painful and I rarely ever see them. Sad times!
GOOD MORNING pic.twitter.com/pK89OkB03S
— Matt Lees (@Jam_sponge) August 1, 2015
5. When I was 10 years old, I decided to learn to play the clarinet. I pretty much did it because it was a “new and shiny” thing to do and my friend was doing it, but unlike her, I’d never played an instrument before so not only did I struggle but I couldn’t keep up and the teacher pretty much had to request I stop. I can’t entirely remember the reasoning.. something like hand-eye coordination being way off.. I can’t actually remember now, but I did discover at this point that I can bend the top knuckles of my fingers while keeping the bottom ones straight. Cool, huh? 😉
Blaugust, Day 1: Writing Prompt
Do this too! Tell us five things that we (probably) don’t know about you, or as an alternative, you could do “five things you probably don’t know about me (because they aren’t true).” Run with it!