The Past Week at Once Upon A Time
- Sunday: Showcase Sunday #4
- Monday: Once Upon a Read-a-Thon*features a mini-showdown between Tyrion Lannister and Mr. Pump
- Tuesday: Going Postal Read-a-Long: Ch. 1-4
- Wednesday: Kingdom Blog Tour: Wrap-Up
- Thursday: [Review] Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb
- Thursday: Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up
- Friday: The Whispers of the Fallen Book Trailer
- Friday: Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along & Scavenger Hunt: Ch. 7-13
- Saturday: [Review] Beyond the Shadows (Night Angel #3) by Brent Weeks
Around The Blogosphere
- Zoë Marriot discusses why ‘PINK IS NOT THE ENEMY‘ in an excellent post about why being a feminist doesn’t mean you can’t like girly things, and liking girly things doesn’t mean you can’t like “boy things”.
- The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter was reviewed over at Fantasy Faction. I had to link to this review because it touches on the things my friend was saying about why she wasn’t particularly enjoying the book, much to her usual-Pratchett-loving disappointment.
- The Lady Elizabeth, Prisoner at Woodstock wasn’t actually posted in the past week but it’s a post I wanted to share with you guys. A guest post by Victoria Lamb, it’s an interesting read.
- Another post not technically in the past week from The Oaken Bookcase is this interview with Jay Kristoff, author of Stormdancer and Dave Grohl lookalike. It’s a great read and now Stormdancer is definitely high on my to-buy priorities!
- Last but not least, Ellie’s still going with her how to make your book covers look less self-published series with ‘Covers Continued: Textures‘. I actually really want to read The Fabcon and it doesn’t even exist. This is why it’s worth taking heed of Ellie’s advice!
Not Quite The Blogosphere
- Texts From Jane Eyre is really quite funny.
On My Tumblr
I went a little mad with Tumblr this week. Plenty of pugs, and random gifs of all sorts of things.
Work, three days off during the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon, team day at an adventure park so.. archery, shooting, and watching my boyfriend’s little half brother on go karts, and work, work. I also played a little WoW and bought From Dust in the Steam sale.
Not this week. I’ve been busy and had my head elsewhere.
- shirtoid – Whut?
- recommended zombie books – Rhiannon Frater guest posted about this.
- the greatest love story of all time lucy robinson review – Oh do read it! I loved this chick lit.
- fuck tomorrow is monday – Oh bollocks, that means today is Sunday. Bring on Monday and my day off.
What Am I Reading?
Finished: Grave Witch by Kalayna Price
Started: Grave Dance by Kalayna Price
What Next? Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer
Grave Witch was fantastic and Grave Dance is just as good. I’m loving this urban fantasy world so much. Shall have to purchase Grave Memory if I can afford it. Between the Lines has been snagging my eye since it arrived this week.
- 666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce | Goodreads
- Don’t You Forget About Me by Alexandra Potter | Goodreads
- Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer | Goodreads
- Hunter’s Rage by Michael Arnold | Goodreads
The top three were particularly exciting. 666 Park Avenue is a witchy urban fantasy with a gorgeous cover which I can’t wait to see what it’s like. Don’t You Forget About Me, apart from consistently getting the song in my head, is a magical realism type chick lit from what I can tell and it sounds excellent and fun. Between the Lines, well, I’ve always had a love of anything fairy tale and when Hanna demands I read a book, I know I should at least pick it up, right? I haven’t had chance to read books one and two of the Hunter’s Rage series but it’s an English Civil War historical fiction series which has been compared to Sharpe. Could be amazing, or it might not be my thing. I’ll have to find time to find out some time.
- Mark of the Seer by Jenna Kay | Goodreads
- Solstice by Donna Burgess | Goodreads
- Revenant in Training by RaShelle Workman | Goodreads
- Misfortune Cookie by Michele Gorman | Goodreads
- Confessions of a Cake Addict by Emma Kaufmann | Goodreads
- Change by Soraya Lane | Goodreads
- Harald Hardrada: The Last Viking by Michael Burr | Goodreads
- Can’t Live Without by Joanne Phillips | Goodreads
All of these were freebies apart from Misfortune Cookie which was kindly sent over from Michele. Solstice has been on my wishlist for a little while. The RaShelle Workman series caught my eye, and Change sounds very good.